Here are a few of my notes from recent books I’ve read. Enjoy
Essentialism – Greg McKeown
The Power of Habit –
Elon Musk Biography
Unbroken – August 2016
- They cannot break you.
- The mind is a muscle, exercise it to keep it strong.
- Attitude determines outcome.
- It could always be worse
Living With A Seal – September 2016
- When you think you are done,
- “Enough of this comfy shit. F*ck this Park Avenue bullsh*t.
- Every day do something that makes you uncomfortable
- If it doesn’t suck, we don’t do it”
- Train for the unexpected
- You can get through any workout because everything ends.
- If you don’t challenge yourself, you don’t know yourself
- If you can see yourself doing something, usually you can do it.
- When you think you are done, you are only 40% of your limit.
God’s Debris – Scott Adams – November 2016
- The simplest explanation is usually right.
- It is beyond the human brain to understand the world and its environment, so the brain compensates by creating simplified illusions that act as a replacement for understanding.
- The ability to work hard and make sacrifices comes naturally to those who know exactly what they want.
- “Your brain can only process a tiny portion of your environment,” he said. “It risks being overwhelmed by the volume of information that bombards you every waking moment. Your brain compensates by filtering out the 99.9 percent of your environment that doesn’t matter to you.